It is the Superintendent’s duty to ensure their assigned project sites and crews are managed appropriately to meet project expectations. These would include Safety, HSE, Quality, Schedule, and Budget objectives. They participate in and work alongside Project Managers and Estimators for the full project cycle, assisting with estimating requirements when needed. The superintendent is the face of the organisation on the front line and therefor must be customer service focused.
The Superintendent provides leadership and directly supervises and coordinates operational activities on site. You will be directly responsible for ensuring the safety of crew members, managing productivity of crew members and following OH&S and Company policies, procedures and guidelines. The Superintendent is a key participant in the relationship between the company, other contractors, the client and all other project stake holders. The Superintendent is expected to act in a professional manner that will strengthen these relationships in a positive way. They manage project safety, documentation, schedule, QA/QC, HSE, documentation, and tracking of labour, equipment, materials, production with budgetary constraints for multiple projects.
In the evaluation of this opportunity, each candidate is requested to review our Core Values and identify the one Core Value you identify with most in your application. Our Core Values can be found on our Careers web page.
1. SAFETY – provide leadership that will promote a safe work culture, the Superintendent is responsible for and accountable for the safety of the crew under their direction.
2. LEADERSHIP AND SUPERVISION – coordinate site crews, equipment and activities, and must understand and consistently apply company policies.
3. PLANNING & SCHEDULING – accountable for following project plans and budget while ensuring the Foreman and crews perform to meet production goals.
4. CUSTOMER AND EMPLOYEE RELATIONS – support an inclusive employee relationship culture, and is accountable for adherence to policies that ensure a respectful and inclusive work environment
5. ADMINISTRATION AND QUALITY CONTROL – accountable for ensuring that work completed meets quality standards, that preparation and submittal of required reports, documentation and logs are completed.
- Journeyman Trade Certification in a related Construction trade.
- Minimum 10 years’ industry experience required, 5+ of these years in a Superintendent role.
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) Certification required.
- Experience with all facets of mechanical or civil oilfield construction.
- Beginner computer skills Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Projects),STATS tracker.
- Experience within Industrial Oilfield Construction preferred.
- A good understanding of scheduling and estimating software.
- A good understanding of all the construction trades.